PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Beautiful Buttocks Coconut




I shot with an actual coco de mer (Maldive coconut) at my last shoot with Aneil Sharma at KVmedia Studios. These rare seeds have been highly prized for centuries and European nobles in the sixteenth century would often have the shells of these nuts polished and decorated with valuable jewels as collectibles for their private galleries.

I did the hair and makeup, but the concept was all Aneil's!

The coco de mer really does look like a woman's genitalia at the front and a shapely derrière at the back- I mean it really, really does! I could hardly get over the similarity. It seemed amazing that a plant could just so happen to grow into such a shape! It was very smooth and tactile. One of the plant's archaic Latin names was Lodoicea callipyge, which is Greek for "coconut: beautiful buttocks"!

On that note, it's time for me to meet my model friend Helene for pre-runway class afternoon tea! We'll be spending hours this evening pacing the floorboards in high heels while one of the world's top runway choreographers coaches us- I believe her last clients were Karl Lagerfeld and Vivienne Westwood. If we can be half as good as their runway models by the end of the course then we'll be kicking callipyge at London Alternative Fashion Week!