PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Thursday 15 December 2011

Bangkok Airport

I have an hour to kill before the hotel taxi takes me back to the airport for my second attempt at flying to Tokyo :p And on the theme of airports, here are some snaps from Bangkok Airport, where I had to stay overnight on my way from Hong Kong to Singapore (no choice!).

Before I left Hong Kong, I had a great fashion shoot in the executive suite on the 81st floor of L'hotel Nina!

This is pretty much all you can do with a leather jacket in the Hong Kong heat ;p
Photographer: Teddy So | Styling: me

Then it was off to Bangkok Airport, to camp in Starbucks for approximately 17 hours before my flight to Singapore. I was too scared to go into town in case I got stuck in the floods :s I passed some of the time by photographing the many interesting examples of Thai arts, crafts and shrines in the airport:

 Some kind of massive sea serpent sculpture

 These are called "stilt shoes"- a bit like ballet heels, but without the heel! The female opera singer's feet go pointy-toe first down each leg into the tiny false feet at the bottom to make it look like they have had their feet bound in the traditional Chinese way, for certain opera roles. Walking in stilt shoes is considered a real skill!

 Beautiful male opera singer's costume

 Me next to a display in honour of "The Celebration on the Auspicious Occasion of His Majesty the King's 7th Cycle Birthday Anniversary"

 Cool (Buddhist?) shrine in the middle of the airport

 Closeup of the pretty flowers and offerings at the shrine

Statue of a mythical Thai giant (it was so big that even kneeling down on the floor, I could only fit it all into frame by tilting the camera at an angle!)

Must dash now, just got buzzed for my taxi- hopefully the next time I blog, it will be from TOKYO! :D