PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Friday 18 February 2011

What the well-dressed woman is wearing: a smile!

I follow @WomenOfHistory on Twitter and really liked one of their recent quotes:

"The expression a woman wears on her face is far more important than the clothes she wears on her back." - Dale Carnegie

Ain't it the truth! Even a fashion fetishist like me has to admit that it's the expression that makes the model more than the wardrobe. Great wardrobe makes a great model look really incredible, but as history has shown, a girl who knows how to express herself through pose and expression can make the most cheap and basic covering into a feature of a good image.


With this in mind, I thought I'd post a couple of photos where instead of wearing latex couture from a famous designer or posing in a huge, impressive, expensive setting, I'm just wearing my own clothes and playing around in an everyday setting, or even on a plain white background... and simply letting the photographer know that I've "gone to my happy place" :)
Photographer: Martyn Davis (19th January 2011- more from this shoot later!)

Photographer: Technical Boy (London, summer 2010)

Photographer: David Porter (Scotland, 19th August 2010)
 Photographer: Kenny Yeoh (Kuala Lumpur, 16th November 2010)

I have a lot to smile about right now (career, relationship, my first world tour, meeting new people and working with old friends) and I like to express that in my work whenever appropriate :)