PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Tuesday 16 November 2010

kwɑlɑlʊmpʊ

That's Malay for Kuala Lumpur, where I've been shooting today in my 5* suite at the Pacific Regency Hotel. My clients were happy enough with my shoot that they put me up here, so I got to cancel my hostel booking :D Unlike hostelling, it makes me want to pretty much stay in my room and never leave. I have an amazing view of the skyscrapers at night :D

 
I'm typing this from the left side of the picture- the windows of my suite are right next to the Kuala Lumpur Tower! Here's a snap I took of its base as the sun was setting:


I tried taking pictures of my suite but completely failed, so time for some more "Copy Image Location" followed by Ctrl + V action, courtesy of the hotel website.

I'm typing this from that there king size bed

I didn't finish shooting till nearly 10 pm (local time) and was way too tired to hunt down a restaurant at that point so I called room service and had spaghetti bolognaise in the bath ;)

I wouldn't normally be so English and lame as to go all the way to Malaysia and then eat Italian, but I was just too tired for any culinary adventures and needed comfort food!

Yesterday I was shooting in Port Dickson and stayed in this weird and wonderful suite, which I didn't realise until I arrived was standing on legs over the sea! It had a window in the floor so you could see the sea underneath :)


After I finished shooting yesterday I visited the beautifully lit Petronas Twin Towers, the tallest twin towers in the world :)

Go Go Humidity-Induced Shiny Face and Fluffy Hair!

This morning, yesterday's photographer kindly gave me a lift from Port Dickson to Kuala Lumpur for today's shoot and I saw monkeys playing by the side of the road! <3 <3 <3 (That was a difficult sentence to construct!)

Wasn't quick enough with the camera to catch them of course, but I filmed a bit of the view from my (smoke tinted, would you believe it! It is SO bright and sunny here!) window. It looked like areas of jungle had been hacked clear for Malaysian homes. I know you can see reflections and stuff in the glass, but there was no way I was risking letting any of the air con out. It was 34°C!


Three days off in a row as of tomorrow, woohoo! I need to go to sleep now as it's gone midnight and I want to get up in the morning in time to be collected at 10 am and go and visit the Batu Caves before catching my flight to Hong Kong :)