PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Wednesday 12 October 2016

The Witch of Wookey Hole



Another spooky photo from my Somerset Tour with Trasky, shot in my local cave :)




I was told about the witch of Wookey Hole when I visited the caves last spring. The legend goes that 2000 years ago, a cunning lady with magical powers lived in the cave. Naturally this had to be put a stop to, so a monk turned up at her home and did some sort of magic that turned her into a stalagmite, which you can still see in the cave today.

... How old is Christianity, again? I can't imagine there were a whole lot of monks here in Somerset 2000 years ago. However, the ancient skeleton of a woman was found in the cave, buried with a comb and a crystal ball, so perhaps the cave did used to be host to some sort of shaman after all. I saw the actual crystal ball itself at Wells Museum this summer, and it was the highlight of my visit.

Tomorrow I'm off on a two-week tour around the Midlands and the South Coast, with a mixture of regular and new clients, and will include shooting with some beautiful exotic co-models that I am particularly excited about ;)

What do you think? Comment on Facebook!