PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Saturday 28 June 2014

The Writer


Amazing news! My book, The "Ugly" Girl's Guide to Modelling, will be published by New Haven this year!!!

No dismal self-publishing for me! I have an assigned editor and book designer and marketing person and we're all so excited we could pop!! Tuesday was one of the happiest days of my life. I mostly spent it jumping up and down, calling my mum and my best friend, crying, running laps round the house and drinking champage! I'M GOING TO BE A WRITER!

I will keep you updated of when it's out, of course! It will be available globally, so no matter where you are in the world, you can pick up a copy from somewhere. Please subscribe to my blog for free (top of the right column on this page) to be the first to know when it's available to buy. I think it's the first of its kind.

Appropriately, I thought I would share this classical figure nude I shot with 25th Century Quaker in New York earlier this year. I love the rich colours and painterly feel :) I'd love to shoot more classic nudes like this.

^ Click the image for a larger version.
Skincare by +Bareskin Beauty, hair and makeup by me.
I stole the orchids from my afternoon tea at The 21 the day before :p

In other news, I visited Roswell Ivory on her boat this week. It is the cutest thing I ever saw, like something out of The Wind in the Willows! I love the idea of reverting to a simpler, scaled-down way of life closer to nature, believe it or not. I always think I love everything extra decadent but then when I go somewhere more natural and simple I feel so relaxed. I guess there is a lot of material stuff that we think we need to be happy, but really, what do we own that is still making us feel fantastic six months after we bought it?

On that note, go and bid on some of my stuff on eBay. Ha.


Anita xo