PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Sunday 28 April 2013

Secrets of the Kama Sutra, by Anita De Bauch



So, I read my Kindle a lot when I travel and am about 3/4 of the way through the Kama Sutra, which I downloaded when I was relaxing in my guesthouse in Kuala Lumpur the other night.

It's pretty interesting to me as it charts out the recommended daily routines for people living and working in Ancient India- this is what makes me interested in history, the daily lives of people living back then, more than battles, politics and so on! Anyway, let's skip all that and get to the sex, because why else would someone read the Kama Sutra these days, right?

Well, the best advice the Kama Sutra and I can give to the men reading this is that if you're trying to get with a girl, suck up to her friends. Their opinions of you could make or break your chances of getting into said girl's pants so do what you can to make them like you!

Secondly: flowers. There simply isn't a bad time to give a girl flowers. Birthdays, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, of course; but anytime you happen to spy a bunch of flowers that you think she'd like, grab them and take them with you for when you see her. They're beautiful, feminine, romantic and calorie-free, the perfect gift ;) And the ancient Hindu philosophers agreed.

Then the great sage advises:

'After this, when she begins coming to see him frequently, he should carry on long conversations with her, for, says Ghotakamukha, "though a man loves a girl ever so much, he never succeeds in winning her without a great deal of talking."

Ain't it the truth?

As for the girls; the best piece of advice I've found so far is the following:

"... kinds of men not fit to be resorted to by courtesans" [i.e. sexy and body confident females of class, intelligence and education- not quite geisha but definitely not street prostitutes, from what I can tell] include "one whose breath smells like human excrement". Apparently there was no excuse for it 2000 years ago, either.

I'll be blogging properly with pictures and stuff soon. If you can't wait even that long, join me on my various social networking profiles (use the icons in the right hand column for links).

Anita xoxo