PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Friday 16 December 2011

浅草, Tokyo!

I had my first afternoon in Tokyo today!

I explored the area I'm staying in, Asakusa, Tokyo's oldest geisha district, including the Kaminarimon Gate, Denboin Temple and Five-storey Pagoda, and went crazy buying hundreds of beautifully decorated chopsticks near the Senso-ji Temple, in between getting (politely!) roped into modelling for a few minutes for a local camera club, which was having an outing!

"Modelling" for an amateur camera club by Kaminarimon Gate. No makeup? No problem!

As well as chopsticks, tea cups and Hello Kitty merch, there were stalls selling other traditional items such as Japanese sweets, kimono and folding fans. I saw some traditionally dressed ladies going about their daily business in full kimono, obi, zori and tabi... it was such a treat to see in real life, especially after re-reading Memoires of a Geisha on my way here!

 Senso-ji, Tokyo's oldest Buddhist temple

 Five-storey Pagoda

 Pagoda illuminated later that evening

 Hair ornaments for maiko

 Kaminarimon Gate

 Fortunes outside the temple

Geisha shooooooooes!

I have managed to teach myself a little spoken Japanese- I can now say hello, goodbye, please, thank you, yes, no, one, two, excuse me, my name is Anita, and one Asahi please!