PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Tuesday 20 July 2010

De Bauch does the Bible Belt

Back home after a whirlwind run around Germany and Switzerland shooting for some stunning latex designers over the last couple of days! I can't wait to see all the photos, but for now I will bore you rigid with more ramblings about my little holiday to the US ;p

I like what I've seen of the Southern States a surprising amount considering I'm a liberal bisexual atheist nude model. The food and music are good and the people are friendly (perhaps because none of them knew that I'm a liberal bisexual atheist nude model).

I was staying at my dad's place in Kentucky but most of this blog will probably be about our excursion to Nashville, Tennesse :)

My room at my dad's house. Sleigh beds = love!

My dad, brother and I went to BB King's bar in Nashville, which is just the coolest place with fantastic live music. The dude in white spent some time playing his guitar with his tongue!


One of BB King's signed guitars

I decided to try some traditional Southern food and went for the catfish po boy for dinner. It's not the same as fish and chips, honest.


The next day it was back to Kentucky to get a traditional American diner breakfast :)

View from my Nashville hotel room at dawn; the tall building on the right is called the Batman Building because of the two spikes

I like how in America you always get eggs with breakfast and a big selection of how they're cooked. I like mine over-easy on wheat toast :) I also <3 the retro posters on the walls!


The menu at Waffle House finally explained a Bloodhound Gang lyric that's baffled me for years: "I want you smothered, want you covered, like my Waffle House hash browns."

Well, sort of. Who wouldn't want a woman covered in sauteed onions and melted cheese?

I did actually try a bite or two of American hash browns and they're way nicer than those little crispy ones you get in the UK. They taste more potato-y and less processed (fascinating fact #894984)


Next up, something my bro (Josh) and I had been looking forward to: our first ever drive-in (do check out the website, it reflects the place itself perfectly) movie! It didn't disappoint either. What a great idea and piece of Americana :)

L-R: me and Josh at the drive-in (with Dad taking the photo)

Toy Story 3! :D

Other misc. photos from Kentucky:

Black Widow in Dad's garage

Best cheeseburger I've ever eaten in my life at Rafferty's

Guns for sale in Wal-Mart; right between the ammo aisle and kids' clothing section

And then began the epic journey home to London for Josh and me. Even more epic for him because he had to get a bus to Bristol after arriving in London. We flew Nashville to New York JFK, where I ate the most cutely packaged chow mein...


... and noticed Dita on the front of a Virgin plane. One of the ones to Vegas I presume!


I love Virgin Atlantic flights so was actually a little bummed out to see London looming at around 7.30 am local time, having sat up all night with Josh sinking free champagne and arguing about movies. If you look closely you can see the London Eye.


Now, my feet are absolutely killing me from three days of epic high heel wearage so I'm off to soak in the tub for a couple of hours!