PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Monday 25 June 2012

Girl in the Iron Mask



I have another, literally shiny, new photo from my trip to Spain to show you! There is just something about a person wearing a mask, isn't there?

Photographer: Chris Zietek | Hair and makeup: me

I've had a super-busy couple of days here in London, followed by staying up until 3 am watching Water For Elephants- the late 20s/ early 30s styling is to die for!- so this morning I had a lie-in before depositing my pay at the bank and then RELAXING!

I gave myself a little manicure to let my nails recover from nearly four years straight of wearing acrylic nail extensions and ordered some healthier water-based nail polishes from Honeybee Gardens, along with water-based mascara and natural ingredients hairspray. The sheer quantities of harmful chemicals I seem to need to constantly douse myself in for work has started to bother me, so I'm trying to slowly replace my hair products, makeup and toiletries bit by bit. The only tricky bit is makeup- I tried Sally B's tinted moisturiser and powder foundation and wasn't very impressed, so for now I'm sticking with good old MAC products!

Organic lip balms double up really well as lip glosses, though, and my new favourite body lotion is coconut oil :)

Even better than the $50 body lotion I used to use, honestly, and it also works as a night cream, lip balm and bath oil! Try it! In fact, I'm going to have a coconut bath as soon as I've finished writing this blog. It smells sweet and makes your skin feel AMAZING.

This afternoon I took Dexter to the park on his new extendable lead and he had so much fun that he didn't want to come home!


My pretty friend Roswell Ivory is visiting London tomorrow, which will be great as we haven't been able to see each other in a long time due to our busy schedules! We're going to take in an art gallery, have lunch chez moi and then have afternoon tea in the park with the cats and my homemade banana bread, I think. I can't wait to catch up with my girl, she is one of my absolute best friends! <3

Now it's time for a long, hot coconut oil bath followed by an early night, luxuriating in my new Egyptian cotton bedsheets! I never thought that I would be the sort of person who bought bed linen, but now that I have started buying "the good stuff", I'm hooked! My bed plays a major role in my life, after all!

Yours sleepily,

Anita xxx