PHOTOGRAPHERS! Wanna work with me?

Apply to my casting calls or join my Special Offers, Tour News & Studio Days Facebook group. Or just e-mail me :) contact@anitadebauch.com

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Introducing my personal hairstylist!

I love helping out with creating a theme for a photo shoot: researching the practicalities of forming a photographic fantasy; piecing together the building blocks that create the fairytale castle, as it were. Contributing creatively by sourcing the perfect wardrobe and researching suitable makeup 'looks' and techniques that I can carry out with my trusty (and ever-growing) MAC makeup collection really gives me a buzz. But I must admit, anything beyond a simple level of hair styling is currently beyond me.

I had multi-coloured dreadlocks and a grade zero undercut until the age of 20 and just never got the hang of doing really professional-looking styling on real, natural, loose hair- hence my love of wigs and easy styles like slicking my hair back or backcombing it up into a faux-hawk.

Luckily for me, my multi-talented friend, model and qualified Scarlet & Hollywood hairstylist Gemini Rayne is moving to London this month and has already accompanied me to a photo shoot at Gregory Brown's Studio to style my hair! She made it long- and I mean long- and romantic for artistic nude shots, curled and classic for vintage pin-ups, wild for latex lingerie and avant-garde for alternative fashion- and what an incredible range of gorgeous hair accessories this lady has!

Here are my favourite shots from our shoot with photographer, Keith Cooper:

 Latex bra by Jane Doe


The second image was apparently awarded a Bronze by the SWPP :)

Gem's standard hairstyling rates are £40 per hour, but as it's me (hee hee) she is willing to assist me in offering an exclusive 50% discount to photographers/ clients booking us together, if she can use the photographer's choice of edits in her portfolio.

Please email contact@anitadebauch.com with enquiries about booking us together. I'll post some photos of us modelling together, where she did our hair and I did our makeup, as soon as the photographer has finished processing them :)

Now, I need to jump on a plane to Faro, Portugal! :) In the meantime, if you are:

a)  a professional (photographer/ designer/ stylist/ other),
b)  aspire to be a professional, or
c)  aspire to a professional standard of photography

and, of course, are faintly interested in considering the possibility of thinking about booking me for a modelling assignment, I have started a NEW Facebook page just for you!

Facebook: Anita De Bauch PRO will be updated ONLY with professional news such as my travel, availability, work-related blogs only and, most importantly, special offers, so please go and "Like" it if you are in some way involved with booking/ working with models ;)